Wednesday, March 4, 2009

MediaRich Visualizer for SharePoint!!!

Here is something I have been waiting for, a product that will take many different file formats and create thumbnails, and allow me to do bulk export, import, zooms, pans, etc. FOR FREE!!!

Recently one of my clients asked about storing images in different file formats and for seeing those formats displayed as thumbnails. We all know about Photo Libraries but they only do a couple of items out of the box. In my wanderings across the net I found MediaRich DAM for SharePoint from Equilibrium. Great product and it met the needs of my client however there is a one time license fee and then an annual maintenance fee.

They just announced yesterday (3/3/2009), MediaRich Visualizer for SharePoint for free. While it doesn't do everything MediaRich DAM does, it does offer a lot of nice features for those that don't need full scale Digital Asset Management.

I am gearing up to install it on my development box to play around with it, but from reading and checking out the comparison chart, things are looking good to me. I did realize as I started my installation that OpenOffice may be required depending upon what formats you want to view as thumbnails.

Ill keep updating as I explore this product.

No comments:

Post a Comment